28 July 2010

Croatian Road Trip-Day 5: Brzac-Baška-Krk

Above: the beach at Glavotok. Oh how I miss you!


Life is great here in Brzac. It's been really hot, but the company, food, and beach has been great. I slept until noon today because I didn't get home until this morning around six (after fishing all night).
I took a drive to the other side of the island to see Baška and to explore Krk. Baška was really cool, but so crowded that it was unbearable. I basically took some photos, put my feet in the water, and left. It's amazing how different the terrain is just 45 minutes away.

I'll be here for one more full day and then I'm off to Plitvička jezera & then Opatija. I'm already getting sad at the thought of leaving here. Although I must say the sooner I break the habit of drinking rajika before noon, the better!






The monastery in Glavotok.


Beli in the distance on the island of Cres.


Teta Ana making šurlica by hand! Mmmmmm....
(Not sure if I spelled it right, though)


Exploring the town of Krk.


















Baška, Krk.











Photos are available for download in higher resolution
here.

No comments: