27 July 2010

Croatian Road Trip-Day 4: Family & Fishing on Krk


I am having a fabulous time here. It's great to get to know the family again. Everyone has been so great to me and I feel totally at home. I was greeted with a wonderful meal and great conversation with my cousin. We watched the football match. (Yeah, Germany!) It was a nice evening.

From my trip journal (whilst at the beach in the photo above in Glavotok):
"I just got done swimming in the sea for the first time (since the last time I was here). Later I'm goin on the fishing boat with Alen. Hooray! (The last time I was here I went with my uncle/Alen's father and my cousin and it was one of my favorite memories of the trip.)
The family is great. Having a wonderful time. This is living! Glavotok is so tiny. Apparently Alen + one Slovenian family + the monastery are the only inhabitants.
I feel a great inner calm here. Laying on this beach is the cure for what ails me: very familiar and like home."



My cousin Neda cooking in the garden...

...a beautiful garden.


Can you smell it?




Let's get that food off of the grill now!

Sitting down to a lovely meal with my cousins Sara & Neda, Great Aunt Ana, and cousin Vanja.

At the pier in Krk ready to set sail.

Salpa.




My cousin Alen: the captain who means business.






I cannot tell you how many moths there were at night.


Look at his big, silly ears!

It was a bit spooky at night when the guys were sleeping.

Really spooky.


Watching fish chasing each other.

Sunrise.






They were waiting for us, but little did they know that there was bad luck on the ship in the form of a woman. Sorry kitties: come back tomorrow!


Photos are available for download in higher resolution here.

No comments: