25 September 2009

Alpseerundweg

Yesterday was the first day of the quarter, so what did I do? I went for a bike ride and a hike! It was such a nice day, I couldn't resist. Plus, my assignments weren't even posted yet so I didn't feel too guilty. And finally, the weather was really bad during most of my time off, so I had to enjoy it while I could!

I decided to finally take a walk around the Alpsee. I've been there many times before, but I'd never walked the Alpseerundweg. It took me about an hour and it was well worth it. It's one of the largest, cleanest, deepest, and most beautiful lakes in the area, and that's saying a lot. When I first moved here, I was told that it's rated as being clean enough to drink.

The Lech river looked spectacular yesterday. Check out how clean it is. Just beautiful:




At the start of the trail around the Alpsee (you can see Neuschwanstein in the background):










Monument for the king's mother:













From my semi-daily bike ride last week:







People riding bikes on the new part of the Autobahn just before it opened:

The Weißensee at sunset:



The next few photos were from an excursion I took with my new friend Tristan and a couch surfer named Simona.

Near Pinswang, Austria:


At the Urisee in Austria:

Simona:

The rules of the lake, which were quite ludicrous:


On the ride back from our excursion:

Some really beautiful butterflies in front of my building:



A beautiful morning (from my balcony):


And a beautiful night:

No comments: