27 March 2009

Salzburg Day One

This was my first day in Salzburg. I went to the Mirabelle Gardens while the sun was still shining, which was nice. Then I went up to the Hohensalzburg Fortress, but by then it started getting cold and windy. After that, the best part of my trip started which was when I met up with my host, Peter-Paul.

I got in contact with him through Couch Surfing.com. He was the BEST! In fact, now that I'm going to be hosting people too, I feel intimidated by the example he set. I could not possibly be as good a host as he was. I started reading more about the history of Füssen so I can be about 1% as knowledgable as he is about Salzburg. He was a fountain of fascinating information! Every step was filled with another fun fact. He thought I was bored with it, but no way! It was the best way to see the city. I saw and learned about so much in that one afternoon. It was outstanding. I feel completely satisfied with my entire experience in Salzburg. There's no better way to travel!

The following photos were from the first day, so the captions are scarce because I didn't have the benefit of Peter-Paul's company, but the next entry will hopefully be a bit better. We'll see how much I can remember.


Salzach River:


Mirabelle Gardens:





On the walk up to Hohensalzburg Fortress:





Hohensalzburg Fortress:





No comments: