03 July 2011

Italy Part 1: Lago d'Iseo, Brescia, Lago di Garda, and the road there

(above) My first glacier-in Switzerland not far from St. Moritz


This year I decided to stop in Italy on the way to and from Croatia. Brescia was my first destination. Again my navigation system led me astray, but I saw my first glacier ever, which is pretty cool. I arrived in the area at Lake Iseo a few hours later than expected and it was very hot as you can almost see by the photos. My hosts were Cristina and Gianni who live in what feels like a little village 20 minutes from the center of Brescia. They were excellent hosts and I had a great time! Maybe too much fun the first night because I was very hung over my second day there, which hampered my efforts to see the center of Brescia. I got some good shots but feel like I did not get a really good sense of the city. I did, however, get to see Lake Garda which was really beautiful. My favorite part had to be going to Cristina's family's farm. We ate like kings that night! A really great start to my trip.

A tectonically-significant mountain in Sardona, Switzerland (Unesco site)


Lake Iseo



Garden near the castle in Bresica, Italy




Brescia's historical center





Cristina's family's farm

My lovely hostess, Cristina



Zucchini blossoms--yum!



Sirmione on Lake Garda





Gelato!

Salò on Lake Garda







No comments: