06 July 2011

Italy Part 1 Continued: Verona

I took so many photos in Verona that I needed a separate post for them. It should go without saying that it was a very photogenic town. Although I feel compelled to add that as beautiful as Verona was, I was surprised at how muddy the river looked. It's not that far from the mountains so I expected it to look more like the Isar than the Mississippi but what can I say? Not surprisingly, it is a UNESCO heritage site. I suppose it's worth mentioning that Romeo & Juliet was set here, too.
I spent a few hours there snapping photos and looking around but the throngs of tourists made it a bit difficult--shame on me for going on a Saturday--and I was really looking forward to getting to Opatija to the sea and my friends as soon as possible. Unfortunately that meant skipping the Henri Cartier-Bresson exhibit that was taking place. I think I should have planned better but as usual I always fall a bit behind because I forget that my pace is much slower on vacation. Ahh, vacation...
On to the photos.

Here's my last look at Lake Garda before heading to Verona. I was in a traffic jam so taking this was no problem.


Verona, Italy




















This was taken accidentally but I really like it. A happy little accident.







A wedding procession through the historic center.






No comments: