19 May 2008

Probieren geht über Studieren...


Literally: "Try goes beyond study". It's a German proverb I learned today and it applies to so many things, I'm finding. OK, the shot above is actually from when we went to Ulm. It's not new. I've been too busy to explore lately.

I've been working a lot at both learning German and making money/finding a job. The hustle is on because I need to make rent by the first. My records have been doing really well on eBay.de. I think this may be a way for me to survive. And let me tell you, I was getting nervous there for awhile.
I've been selling a lot of records that I took out of my own collection. It feels great to get rid of so many excess records, and know that everything that's left is good. I know I keep saying that, but it's true! So it turned out to be a hidden blessing that I could never bring myself to go through them before.
What seemed like a daunting task because I didn't know how to approach it, ended up being a cleansing experience as my friend Jon said it would be. So the proverb applies.

Here are the rest of the photos from when I went to Munich.







A few shots of the Ulm Münster at night. You guys have seen it before, though:




1 comment:

Unknown said...

That church with purple lights... are you sure that's not a club? A really, really cool club? You always knew your architecture, so I'm not surprised to see so many shots of buildings...