02 August 2010

Croatian Road Trip-Day 15-Dolimiti Mountains, Italy + the road home


I had to take the shortest way possible back from Koper because I was short on cash and I know that I can only get about 450 kilometers out of a half tank of gas, which is all I could afford. And forget about taking tollways. So I messed with the GPS until it gave me the shortest route, which went directly through the Dolomite mountains (Dolimiti) in Italy. It was a treat, although it took a very, very long time to drive the direct route. Normally, it would only take 4.5 hours to get back from Koper. In this case it took 10 hours. But as you can see by the photographs, it was a lovely route.




Dolimiti, Italy







A waterfall I happened upon.


"To work, too old.
To die, too young.
To vacation, in perfect shape!"

Mühlbacher Klause.

A possible clue to where the following fortress is because I have no idea what it's called (yet).





And that was my trip! I hope you enjoyed the photographs. Stay tuned for more adventures and don't forget to click on "Older Posts" to see the full series. Thanks!


Photos are available for download in higher resolution here.

No comments: