06 February 2008

What, me worry?

I signed a three-year lease today! Hooray! And it was worth the wait. This place is awesome and the owners are way cool, too. They don't mind the cats or the smoking.
The living room has a nice big balcony and a picture window that faces the Alps. I've got a bathtub, which none of the other places I looked at (except the first one) had. I really love taking baths, so that's a big relief. It's bright and sunny, it has a laundry room, and it's very close to the center of town, to boot!
It's even nicer than the one that *cough* "agent" showed me. I'm so happy! What a relief: we can finally stop living like scamps.

In April that is. Yes, that's right, we can't move in until April 1st but the good news is that I have a place to live until then. The woman who owns this place has a son. The son goes to school in Munich, but keeps a small flat here. Well, he's here now but he goes back Sunday. He agreed to let me sublet his place until mine becomes available. So I will be paying normal rental prices in just a few days, thank God! And I will probably have a regular internet connection, too. I haven't asked yet, but he's 25 so he probably considers the internet as indispensable as most people in their 20's & 30's do.

So, yeah...hooray!!